Register now to the
Online PRF Course :
Online PRF Course :
PRF COURSE. Platelet Rich Fibrin
What’s PRF‘? Is it always effective’? not all the time’!
The latest innovations (LSCC, Sticky Bone, PomPac, PomCol)
The Oxidative Stress: mechanism & management
Presented by Dr Joseph CHOUKROUN & Dr Elisa CHOUKROUN
In the field of wound healing, the PRF since its publication in 2001 (Choukroun) has raised growing interest among dental surgeons.
PRF induces accelerated healing of soft and hard tissues. (1350 publications)
The numerous protocols of use, which must obey precise rules, have been constantly improved.
However, natural healing or healing with PRF requires certain conditions and cannot take place without an adequate performance of the different biological cascades that occur in the cells.
Oxidative stress is a physio-pathological phenomenon that will inhibit the cells to perform correctly.
This oxidative stress affects both soft tissue cells and bone cells. Bone resorption is the result of bone oxidation: inhibition of osteoblasts and activation of osteoclastogenesis. It will cause bone grafts to fail. PRF cannot be really effective if the patient is in oxidative stress, even if it’s a powerful anti-oxidant.
Because we learn more from our failures than from our successes, 4 chapters of this course are dedicated to healing failures related to the oxidative stress: biological abnormalities (smoking, diabetes), soft tissue oxidative stress, bone and bone grafts oxidation.
The last chapter will introduce the Over Concept: how to prevent complications and to achieve predictable and reproducible results.
54 Questions and Answers will help you to better understand certain aspects in all areas of PRF use and oxidative stress management.
Language : English – Duration : 7h 30min – Presentation : 8 Chapters
- Chapter 01. PRF: Definition, mode of action, protocols._________________________________________ Duration : 1h 18min
- Chapter 02. PRF: Clinical effects. Indications & Clinical use. _____________________________________ Duration : 53 min
- Chapter 03. PRF Injectable. Questions & Answers about PRF (29)_________________________________ Duration : 43 min
- Chapter 04. Biologic conditions for wound healing. The Oxidative Stress.__________________________ Duration : 45 min
- Chapter 05. The Soft Tissue ‘Oxidative Stress’.________________________________________________ Duration : 1h 16min
- Chapter 06. The Bone ‘Oxidative Stress’.____________________________________________________ Duration : 1h 06min
- Chapter 07. Bone grafts ‘Oxidative Stress’.___________________________________________________ Duration : 1h 01min
- Chapter 08. Synthesis & Conclusions. Over Concept. Q&A about Oxidative Stress: (25)________________ Duration : 30 min